This is the privacy notice of Tracey Thornton trading as Cassie’s Gifts and Designs. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Cassie’s Gifts and Designs.
At Cassie’s Gifts and Designs we take your privacy seriously, all data processed through the website is done through highly secure servers. This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Whilst using our website you may be required to provide personal information, ie name, address, phone number, email address etc. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into categories below:
• Account data – Account data includes your identity, information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time; your contact information, which includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting. The account data may be processed for the purposes of providing our services and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
• Financial data - Your financial data includes information such as your bank account and payment card details. Credit card details are never stored by us, they are stored by the payment provider. Bank details may be processed in relation to transactions, including purchases of goods or services, that you enter into with us through our website. The source of the financial data is you and/or our payment services provider. The financial data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and/or services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request.
• Transaction data – Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us. Transaction data may be processed in relation to transactions, including purchases of goods or services, that you enter into with us through our website. The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The source of the transaction data is you and/or our payment services provider. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and/or services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request.
• Technical data – Technical data may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, referral source, operating system and platform, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. We may process data about your use of our website and services. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. This technical data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
• Enquiry data – Enquiry data includes any information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services. The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
• Marketing data – Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services. The marketing data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
• Publication data – Publication data includes information that you post for publication on our website. The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special personal information about you.
If you do not provide personal information we need
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
THE BASES ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We are required by law to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes, then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
This is information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you. When you create an account on our website, purchase a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We may use it to allow us to: verify your identity for security purposes, sell products to you, provide you with our services and/or provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website. We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent. Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you with more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us from our Contact Us page. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
We only process your information on this basis after having given careful consideration to whether the same objective could be achieved through other means, whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm, whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so. We may process your data on this basis for the purposes of: record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business, responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response, protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party, insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk, protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
This is information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party. Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people. For example, writing a review or clicking on another visitor’s message to express agreement, or otherwise.
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it. We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be held on our website database and will be stored on the servers of our hosting service provider, Bluepark Solutions.
RETAINING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept any longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
• to provide you with the services you have requested;
• to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
• to support a claim or defence in court
Use of site by children
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian. You may not purchase goods from us if you are less than 18 years of age.
Under data protection law you have:
• the right to access your personal information - you can ask for copies of your personal data;
• the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
• the right to remove - you can ask us to delete your personal data;
• the right to restrict processing - you can ask use to restrict the processing of your personal data;
• the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your personal data;
• the right to data portability - you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organisation or to you;
• the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your personal data;
• the right to withdraw consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, using the contact details set out below.
A cookie is a small text file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
COOKIES THAT WE USE
PHPSESSID - To enable the website to recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten. Online shopping would, therefore, be impossible. The type of cookie is a Session ID and it expires when you exit the website
Session - This is for your convenience, the software creates this with a copy of the initial session ID so that you can be classed as "returning" and the contents of your shopping basket will still be available. If the user signs in with an email address and password, these login details are also saved so that you can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If you sign out, your login details are removed from the cookie. The type of cookie is a Session ID, it can also contain an email address and encrypted password. It expires after 1 year.
Managing cookies - Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
OUR USE OF RE-MARKETING
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT – DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING ON OUR WEBSITE
Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
DATA MAY BE PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Our websites are hosted in the United Kingdom.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
• both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN INFORMATION
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request.
After receiving the request, we will then tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
This website is owned and operated by Tracey Thornton trading as Cassie’s Gifts and Designs.
The registered address is 21, Hele Rise, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 3UT.
You can contact us:
By using our website contact form;
by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
by email, using the email address published on our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.